Free resources and prizes ahead of UEFA Women’s Euro 2022!
Primary schools can now download free cross-curricular resources to inspire pupils in the lead up to the UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 tournament this summer!
One school will win a Q&A session with an England player, while other prizes will be given out to schools in the lead-up to the first match of the tournament on Wednesday 06 July. England Women’s Leah Williamson and Demi Stokes each surprised a school from two of the tournament’s host cities, Manchester and Milton Keynes, last week as both classes were busy taking part in challenges from the UEFA Women’s EURO 2022 Schools Programme.
The tournament resources, for KS2, have been developed and tested by teachers and encourage teamwork, creativity and a love of sport. The activities, which cover subjects including PE, English, Maths, PSHE, Science and Art & Design, can be differentiated for pupils of varied abilities or with SEND and can be used in the classroom or at home. They include:
- An assembly to build young people’s excitement about the tournament that includes an interactive quiz
- A Challenge Pack with 23 bite-size activities, including how to make a mini stadium out of recycled materials and how to write a motivational speech as a team captain
- A Reading Challenge with the National Literacy Trust which contains a wall chart for young people to discover their class’s favourite book
- PSHE lessons for KS2 that focus on topics such as teamwork, resilience and a growth mindset
- A tournament journal for young people to record their experiences and share their highlights.
To download the resources and stand a chance of winning a Q&A with an England player, as well as many other prizes enter through the link by Friday 18 February 2022. – https://www.figc-fis.eu/