Sainsburys School Games Kitemark – now open!
The Sainsbury’s School Games Kitemark is a Government led awards scheme launched in 2012 to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community. Schools in England are able to assess themselves across bronze, silver and gold levels of the Kitemark.
All registered schools are able to apply for the Kitemark for the 2012/2013 academic year from 3rd June 2013 – 27th September 2013.
To gain any level of the Kitemark, all schools are required to meet the following pre-requisites:
- Registered on the Sainsbury’s School Games website www.yourschoolgames.com
- Held a Sainsbury’s School Games Day as a culmination of a year round competition programme
- A calendar of competition that demonstrates opportunities for young disabled pupils to take part in competitions.
- A notice board promoting Sainsbury’s School Games activity.
- A system in place to track young people’s participation in the Sainsbury’s School Games.
- Opportunities which attract less active young people to participate in physical activity.
- Provided at least two hours physical education during curriculum time each week for all pupils.
At Bronze, Silver and Gold Levels, schools will assess themselves on a number of elements including:
- The provision of approved NGB School Games Level 1 and Level 2 competitions for both boys and girls in any one academic year
- Their engagement of students in leading, managing and officiating in the School Games activity
- Their offer of participation and competition opportunities for pupils to take part in extra-curricular sporting activity at least every month