Change4Life Sports Clubs is an exciting programme that aims to harness the inspiration of the Olympic and Paralympic Games to engage less-active children in primary schools in physical activity and school sport.
Change4Life Sport Clubs take the principles and specific skills from a range of Olympic and Paralympic sports and place them in a fun, vibrant and exciting activity club giving young people the
Who can be in your target group?
- Vulnerable groups such as FSM, SEN, LAC, Young Carers
- Children with health/weight issues.
- Children with poor attendance, behaviour issues, low academic achievement.
- Children that have low self-esteem, low self-confidence, poor motor skills, lack of coordination.
Think about your whole school priorities and how a Change 4 Life club could help you address them. For example you might want to set up a C4L club in your school to focus on one or more of the following:
- Academic improvement – C4L clubs can help improve children’s attitude, engagement and concentration skills.
- Children’s emotional wellbeing as well as their health & fitness.
- They can be used as a vehicle to develop numeracy and literacy skills.
- Enhanced links with parents and community.
- Improved social skills, communication, team work and confidence.
- Develop responsibility, the ability to accept decisions and manage emotions.
Who can deliver the club?
- Teaching Assistant’s
- Learning Mentors
Primary clubs capture the essence of the sport without directly delivering sport-specific content, and are grouped under five multi-sport themes:
The clubs have been designed to give children the necessary skills and confidence to be able to take part in extra-curricular activities and eventually become comfortable with competing in their school or against other schools.
Change4Life delivery resource cards for each of the 5 themes are available from the Partnership. Please email for the complete pack.
Additional resources can also be found on the School Games Website https://www.yourschoolgames.com/app/resources/40/